fam

fam

Thursday 11 July 2013

Cardio

No not exercise.

My sweet baby 


Avery has been going in every two weeks to cardiology working on first switching her blood pressure medication and then after that trying to wean her off of it, all the while talking to her nephrologist in Nova Scotia.

She started off and has been on Captopril since before she left the NICU. Before switching the medication she was up to 7ml 3x a day. It had to be refrigerated, and was only good for a month from being mixed. Our fridge looked like a pharmacy with two big glass bottles. She was switched over to a once a day version called Lisinopril and again 7ml. That was back in ... May??? wow.

calm cuddles with mama 

The cardiologist gave her a month switched to the new medication, sent her for blood work which she laughed at and kept asking "what is that?" as each drop of blood was milked from her finger into the vile. Then she went back in, her blood pressure was lower then I had seen it since it first spiked in the NICU, her labs came back great so they lowered her to 5mls once a day of Lisimopril and to come back two weeks later.
my new mellow Avery

Fast forward, her blood pressures are as low again, so they decide to lower her down to 2.5mls of Lisimopril!

Now she is back again tomorrow. Two weeks since the last lowering, now I'm wondering what the result is going to be.

LOVE my glowworm! 


Back when she was on Captopril, you could tell she was getting ready for her next dose up to an hour or two before it was due. She would get angry. Clingy, screamy, and punchy.

mid tantrum 

all this because Gwen was laughing 

it was the end of the world 


Since she was changed over, I haven't experienced that except on the one day we left before her dose was due and didn't get home until 2 hours after it was due (bad mommy forgot to double check with daddy that day and I felt horrible!)

I think that Lisinopril was what she needed. I think that it is controlling her blood pressure well, and hopefully she has as low of a result again. Will they lower her further? I don't know. I guess tomorrow will show what is happening.

No comments: