fam

fam

Friday 11 October 2013

Speech Language

Dear Gwen, sweet dear Gwen.



I can say 80% of my gray hairs have come from worrying about you,. Not to say your siblings haven't given me a few, Avery & Rhys' two surgeries where no walk in the park. Avery gave me many frights during her NICU stay. But I don't think I have ever stopped fully worrying about you on a major level. You with your hearing, with your language stills, with the unknown.

Will we have to make the unthinkable choice to go with CI's?

I don't know.

And the unknown is a lot more frightening then certainties, AN is such an unknown.

I thought you were doing well.

I thought that you were talking up a storm. Not as much as Avery, but she doesn't need hearing aids.

But after speech language today, I got the impression that your doctors are more concerned then they are telling me.

So now what?

We have to wait and see, and try to give up on worries. You are happy, healthy and know no different.




And isn't that all that matters? That you are happy?

Hopefully now we will have a lot more answers now that you have started SL, but as always its hard to tell with you.  But it is a start and we will get more answers. 


No comments: