fam

fam

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Are you his mom? and gaining square footage part 2

Its a beautiful +25C October day here, so I walked to pick up Rhys from kindergarten. There is a convenient trail that is across the street that leads directly to the school but it passes "the purple park" that is right behind the school.

Daddy and Rhys walking home on the end of the path on his first day

"The Purple Park" with Rhys' school in the background 

Rhys has told us before that their new gym teacher on nice days will bring them to the park to play. Its a great idea its so close to the school, and it has a big field to run around. So it didn't surprise me that we passed an elementary class there for gym. Rhys ran right up to his teacher, who is maybe 5 years older then me max, and said hi! 

We had a quick talk and at the end she looked at me oddly then asked "are you his mom?"

I know I was younger when I had the ninja baby. 

But I wasn't unbelievably young. 

So ether I look younger then I think I do, or Rhys looks older. 



Yet this hasn't been the first time this has come up, and it is more frequent the older Rhys gets. It has never come up with the girls. Maybe because I look like I should only have little kids, and that I am too young to have a school aged kid?

I know it isn't the norm to have kids younger, at least not here. I know that I might be one the younger mom's in Rhys' kindergarten class. But I doubt that I am the youngest.





We have been kept busy at home too, with the wall

Last nights progress

And then we peaked under the paneling to see the state of the wall underneath when we found...

Wallpaper?????

So now we are placing bets on whats under that wallpaper. But the trend with the house continues. How much space will we gain by the end of this project?




No comments: