fam

fam

Monday 8 April 2013

10 years

The hubs and I have been together 10 years this summer (yet this is our 10th April together). 10 years!

Dec 2006
I wasn't even legal when we started dating, the hubs was just 19 himself. We are very different people, we grew together and became adults together, we have been parents for half of that time.


the night he proposed 


We were friends first, I was at his 19th birthday (he was dating someone else then) Good friends. We tentatively started dating, not wanting to risk ruining our friendship. But even with the conscious start, within the first week of dating he turned to me and said "I want kids, a lot of them. If you don't we should end this now before we get too invested."

"great, me too!"

the ninja's first Canada Day


I was asked this past weekend if 10 years ago at 18 did I think I would be a mother to three? Yes, I hoped I would be. The only thing I didn't see was the minivan. But that is just because I was a delusional teenager who had no idea about the sizes of carseats...

Anyways. 10 years.

My Convocation from University 


Still don't know what to do to celebrate. We should have planed a trip last year to be able to do it, so not enough time to plan that now. I know it isn't a wedding anniversary but the first 6 years of our history would be ignored if we didn't acknowledge it, including the ninja who was 18 months old at our wedding.

What would you do? How would you like to celebrate 10 years? Please help me, I need suggestions.

No comments: