fam

fam

Saturday 29 June 2013

Food

I was talking with another Micro mom today about food.

Silly you think, but no. I like to forget how much of a fight it was to get Gwen to eat. Well to get Gwen or Avery to eat. Avery caught on a lot quicker then Gwen.


Gwen sitting in spit

Gweny was a fight, every meal was a fight of texture, amount, taste, etc 


first cereal 
 And not only was she hard to convince to get food/milk into, she was quick to get it up

and.... puke 

Then one day she got it. Not to say she didn't have random issues with food, eggs and Greek yogurt to name two that took her longer to prefect keeping down.


But now Gwen will eat anything that you will. She is at the moment eating leftover General Tao stir fry and loving it! Well.... except for the noodles... but I take it as a win! 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would have thought scrambled eggs would be such a huge challenge!? My boys were 29 weekers, they're 1.5 yrs now and scrambled eggs still sometimes make one of them puke. And cottage cheese does sometimes. And small pasta he doesn't have to chew. I never really think of them as having had feeding issues (other than the monster reflux that they had for 9 months), but I guess they totally did/do!

I also have many a pic of me covered in someone's puke just like yours. And many, many more times where I didn't take a picture. Preemies = vomit, lol.

Erin said...

I remember your boys, they are not much older then the girls.

And I know! I guessed that Gwen had such a hard time with eggs due to the high protein.

Got to love oral aversion!

I have to say both girls are doing great with food now. Haven't had a major vomit moment in months (and then it was the stomach bug)