fam

fam

Friday 21 June 2013

Friendship & Fathers Day

A lot has been happening this week, and its made me forgetful over posting things I was planning on. So please forgive my forgetfulness.

Rhys has clued up his literacy program in school last Thursday.

He did wonderfully and has made many friends in his future kindergarten class (and his class all the way through to grade 5/6, they have an intensive French option in grade 6 for them to split then) He will be going to a small community school, so small that there are only 5 kids that live far enough away to qualify for the bus. The whole school is about 225 kids (K-6) and there are only 20 kids registered for his year. Rhys has a birthday party to go to tomorrow with his best friend from his class, and they live almost directly behind us.

"Rhys, show mommy your certificate"

How about you look this time cookie face? 

with his literacy teacher 

Rhys also has asked me to make him one of those friendship bracelets, remember those??? I told him when he is a bit bigger if he wants to know how to make them I will show him. 
in progress, in his favorite colours
I remember making a ton of these and people selling them too at school, so its a good skill to learn even for my little man. 

Rhys is also starting up soccer next week, and his team's name (if I heard her twice, because I asked her to repeat it) is Slytherin. This makes me a geeky mom very happy! Is that bad? or the fact that I keep thinking how my blond haired blue-eyed boy would look great in the uniforms if its the "right" colours???

Come on green and silver would be awesome on this boy! 

But I'm a silly mom.


Also during my forgetful time, Fathers day happened. Matthew did really well. He got a new baseball cap (he picked out and knew about), an iPhone case with the kids pic on it (he didn't know about)  and this...


"you are not suppose to make me cry on Fathers day!" 


the poem in the frame is this

Major props and thank you to my friend at Scarlett Love

A good online mommy friend at Scarlett Love did this up for me only two days before and gave me lots of choices to work with. She is awesome, and if you want some random custom chalkboard art you want you should check out her etsy or her on facebook. I know she's in vacation mode right now, but due back June 30th. 

*I'm not payed to say this, in fact she probably doesn't remember I have a blog, and she doesn't know I'm posting this*

 
Well, I think that is everything I was planning on talking about this past week yet forgot



No comments: