fam

fam

Thursday 26 September 2013

Gaining square footage

So we moved into our first house back March 1, 2012 during the girls NICU stay. In the first month we replaced the floors and wall colours in the kids rooms, finished the basement into a playroom. We've been putting off the living room because other then the ugly accent wallpaper and the paint job that I can sorta live with for now it is in decent condition.

The textured painted wallpaper seems to be barely staying on the walls and I have jokingly threatening to take it down.

I wonder if the twins heard me...

Avery pointing to their handiwork

I was in the bathroom and when I came down both girls were in the corner, Avery sitting on the end-table. So there is paneling under the wallpaper. After all the layers of flooring/wall's we have encountered I shouldn't be surprised. Can anyone say three layers of carpet in the girls room? Or three layers of walls in the playroom? We jokingly have said more then once that we gained square footage. 

So what to do??? 

After a bit of debate we decided that we wanted to take down the wallpaper before and the paneling looks better then the wallpaper,or the wallpaper with a massive whole.

only 30 mins in and its coming down easy 

What things have your kids done while you were in the bathroom? Next time I'm going to give them plastic scrappers. Just kidding!
 

1 comment:

Uncie Dew said...

You bet I can say three layers of carpet in the girls' room. If I'd found a fourth, I might have been tempted to wash my hands of the ordeal! XD