fam

fam

Monday 4 March 2013

"I'm leaving! You broke my heart!"

Ninja Rhys has been throwing major tantrums recently when he isn't getting his own way.

Today he had his DS taken away and told that he wasn't getting it back until after daycare (only 30 mins before daycare so the time it gets put away anyways) And he lost it. Kicking screaming.

Telling DH that he broke his heart.

At the end he put on his boots and said "I'm leaving! You broke my heart!" and walked out the front door in winter without his coat.

Now this is his normal threat, I used to try and stop him, but that made things worse. So I let him go, and do you know what? He came back in, sobbing, saying he was sorry in under a min.

deciding that he wanted to come back home

How do you discipline a five year old? How do you ensure that he knows that what you are doing is for the best and not because you hate him?

Joys of being the parent. You don't always have the answer, but you have to make it look like you do.

No comments: