fam

fam

Saturday 9 March 2013

Old photos, old friends, real conversation

My grandmother died more then year and a half ago, and my mom is the only one of her kids that live in the same area so her and dad have been cleaning out her house and bringing me things that belong to me.

Today, I opened a box of my stuff and came across pictures I was looking for over a decade ago! I scanned them in and posted them on facebook, and have had many long talks with old friends over the day.

My oldest friend messaged me to call now that he lives away. We became friends in the first grade, bonding over grief. October has become an important month for us. The one we lost our first family members, became friends, the one I got married in (and he helped marry my DH and I), and recently the month he got ordained as a deacon. Who knows, that might be the month he gets ordained as a priest.  


Jeffy & I - June 1999

Jeffy always said he would marry me one day - Oct 2009

We haven't "talked" since Oct at his ordination, messaged each other yes, but not talked together. It was nice to talk about the old days, and what is on the go now.

One of the conversations that always comes up is religion, how can it now with a priest (I know Jeffy if you are reading your saying "I'm not a priest yet") I'm not an overly religious person. I do have beliefs, they are personal, but they exist. I did explain that I understood and felt god in the four months we spent in the NICU more then I ever did in the 28 years previously. I'll never truly understand, or can explain it. But I don't think that is important. To me religion is what you make of it, what you feel, hear, and experience. Its not my place to preach. For Jeffy, it is his place to guide those who are called to his path, and honestly they couldn't ask for a better guide.


It was nice to just talk, ignore the messaging systems and have a human conversation. I miss my Jeffy and wish him the best always. It wasn't hard to spend an hour on the phone with him, and I'm sure if he wasn't called away to carry on with his hard but rewarding work we would have talked even longer.

No comments: