fam

fam

Friday 1 March 2013

Twin questions

If you are a multiple mama or dada you get a whole lot of interesting questions while you are out in public.


Out to Nana's birthday dinner Dec 31, 2012



My favorite was when the girls were still in their bucket seats and I was asked "are they twins?" I got it so much that one time I said "no they are sisters but not twins, that one on the left is mine and the one on the right isn't" Lets just say that sparked an interesting look.


4 "Brothers" Sisters at Christmas 
Another one I got a lot is "oh are twins in the family" its like the polite way of asking if they are "natural" twins or if you had IUI or IVF or something. Yes twins do run in my family, all sides actually they were natural twins but I was TTC for 2 years and was being watched by a doctor. I was even put on clomid, but the month I got pregnant I didn't get my prescription until late waiting to see if it was going to be changed or not and then thank you stat holiday. My cousin has twins, my husband has twin cousins, and his cousin has twin girls that are only a few months younger then our girls (ironically enough both their mama and I have the same name)


Are they identical is a common one too. My girls are not, but apparently they are looking more alike to others. I personally don't see it. I also get asked if I dress them alike, most times no. For special occasions if I can't find two different dresses I like equally then I will buy two of the same. Often we are given identical outfits so sometimes they end up in the same thing but I don't go out of my way to dress them alike. My thought is that they are two separate individuals so I can dress them that way, but I have dressed all three kids in similar outfits for Christmas pics. Can you blame me?
Santa pic 2012
Christmas Card pic 2012
 
I always "knew" I would have twins. I don't know how I knew but I did. I went into the first ultrasound expecting to see two and I did.

first ultrasound

Gwen

Avery

If you have any twin questions feel free to ask, I have probably heard them before and I don't mind answering them as long as they are asked nicely.

Avery March 1, 2013
Gwen March 1, 2013


No comments: