fam

fam

Friday 8 March 2013

Just a bit

So last night I was at a focus group, due to a non-disclosure form I can't talk about it too much but that it was for mom's with a kid 2-5. At the beginning we introduced our first names, # of kids, gender, ages, and profession.

When it was my turn "Hi I'm Erin, my son is a month shy of 5, I have 14 month old twin girls," and I couldn't continue for a moment due to the audible gasp from the other moms. The person running it said "oh wow you are busy, I'm a twin."

I had to say "oh don't worry, they are so much easier then their brother! But continuing, I'm at home at the moment because I have 14 month old twins"
Girls meeting Bunnies for the first time

Latter in after the group the woman running it who is a twin came up to me and said "My brother and I were 6 weeks early, were your girls?"

"yes just a bit" I replied

"how early?" she asked

"15 weeks"

"that is not just a bit!"

"oh I know, I just downplay it now that they are bigger" I smiled, because its true.

I know they were premature, I know that they were extremely premature. But if they can blend into society as normal 14 month olds, I'd like to try to not blow their cover. Yet at the same time I'm the first to defend them when someone looks at the girls oddly after they find out their age. "oh but they were early" I usually don't get into how early, because that is usually enough to placate them.


I'll never forget how early they were. How can you as a parent? They made great leaps and bounds in their growth, they are doing exceptionally well given how early they were.

Gwen - March 8, 2012 (up for the first time with Nana)

Avery - March 8, 2012 (all but wireless!)




No comments: