fam

fam

Friday 13 September 2013

Auntie Mae & Family Photos


My wonderful friend Mae, often called Auntie Mae or Auntie Mae Mae, is a great photographer. She loves to take pics, and I love the outcome. We have known each other for 9 years now, and lived together with one of her sisters and Matthew. She is Gwen's godmother and one of her middle names Bridget is after Mae.

Auntie Mae in between shots Gwen looking at the camera 


She was Rhys' first roomie, and they share a great unique bond because of it. How many people can say they lived through/with a newborn that wasn't their own or in their family?

Rhys & Auntie Mae cuddles 

Auntie Mae had magic hands
last summer selfie 


Mae will always be the kids Auntie by choice not by blood, and I love that her family has taken us in too. I love her like the sister I didn't have, and even though we can be very different we still love and respect each other.

A few of her pictures have shown up before in the blog and so has she, the banner pic is one she took for the girls first fathers day. She has taken so many pics of the kids and of us that I love it when she gets excited and starts talking about new ideas for a family shoot.

Avery in the hospital 

Gwen in the hospital 

Mae babysit and did a photo shoot (collage I made for the grandparents) 

my princesses at home 

Love this one! 


Right now we are in the planning stages of our next family shoot and we are going to attempt to get family pics every year. We have succeeded except for the year the girls were born because we were waiting for me to be further along to make it maternity pics and family pics. Little trouble makers

Gwen



Hopefully they will happen in the first week of Oct, we have to work around Matthew's work and Mae's.

Matthew & I last summer 

I know I could never do justice to Mae in only one post but I am thankful that she has chosen my kids, and they are lucky enough to have her as an Auntie. 

Thanks Mae!


  

No comments: