fam

fam

Wednesday 18 September 2013

blood pressure and Avery part 2

I forgot to mention that Avery's nephrologist thought she was a boy (he sees hundreds of patients a visit and its been since April?)

She was also in green and blue, and honestly babies are hard to tell apart. Avery is a unisex name, just like Rhys.

My poor short hair girl.

Avery Sept 2013

Better then her bald big brother. It took forever for him to get any hair at all.


Rhys Sept 2009


I teased him after, and he felt horrible. But at least it is better then strangers thinking Gwen is Glen.... That has happened more times then I want to admit.

Do I look like a Glen??? Maybe?


But I love her nephrologist! He is awesome, and will give you a random medical lesson whenever you see him. Yesterday we talked about the history of the two different drugs Avery was on and I am a type that enjoys learning new random info.

He also talked a bit about her voice and vocal cord mentioning that as she grows the paralysis won't effect her voice as much. Not just because she will learn to cope with it but because the bigger the throat gets the more space air has to move past the cords so it won't be as raspy. Makes since, don't know why I haven't thought of that myself.

I also forgot to mention that even with her having a meltdown during them taking her blood pressure, it was still lower then it needed to be. So progress! And it makes me feel better knowing that even with her epic tantrums she isn't doing any damage.

And man is her temper epic!



No comments: